I hope everyone had an AMAZING holiday weekend. Happy Memorial day and a VERY special thank you to our soldiers, both at home and in the field, and their families. We honor your sacrifice, and you are never forgotten. If you took advantage of the long weekend to go on a bit of a food bender, and you’re feeling like complete crap and looking for some healthy foods to keep you well fueled and feeling great, then you are going to LOVE our next giveaway! This week we are super happy to be partnering with the amazing folks at Simple Squares.
As you try to detox your system from the beer, fried chicken, cookies, and other guilty pleasures you may have indulged in over the holiday, you’re probably asking yourself what are some tasty and HEALTHY alternatives to all the garbage? Well Simple Squares has got your back on that one, and they are doing a damn good job of mixing serious taste along with pure ingredients for some amazingly tasty snack bars. Their ingredients are: organic cashews, almonds and coconut, organic honey, organic vanilla, sea salt and organic herbs. That’s it baby! Not to mention they are verified by the Non-GMO project (screw you Monsanto!). That just makes me happy in my soul.
Let’s not downplay the herbs here, because that’s where the unique flavors that I fell in love with at PaleoFX really knocked me off my feet and set these bars apart. They come in several flavors that are not only super tasty, sweet and savory (my favorite is Rosemary!), but have some serious healing properties as well:
- Sage (it’s antimicrobial and great for everything from sore throats to reducing inflammation to digestive and skin disorders);
- Rosemary (it’s antimicrobial, has incredible antioxidant properties and may even slow the growth of certain cancers);
- Ginger (great for stomach issues, general digestive support, and helping combat the cold and flu);
- Coffee (it’s not just a good energy buzz, it may help protect against Parkinson’s, type 2 diabetes and liver disease);
- Coconut (antimicrobial and the fat source is great for sustained energy, concentration and brain function); and
- Cinna-clove (a powerhouse of herbal helpers that support blood sugar regulation, are antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, packed with antioxidants, stimulate the immune system, and may even slow the growth of tumors).
*To all my preggos out there, be careful about taking in a lot of herbs, as many of them are contraindicated during pregnancy. Do your research, know your body!
And now for the best part, Simple Squares wants YOU to try these awesome flavors! One lucky random reader will be receiving a sampler pack of all these amazing treats! Who wants some tasty free stuff?!?!?
TO ENTER: Leave us a comment below on the flavor you’d most like to try.
We’re giving you LOTS of chances to win. TO COUNT AS AN ADDITIONAL ENTRY, PLEASE LEAVE ADDITIONAL COMMENTS BELOW FOR EACH ACTION YOU COMPLETE. We want you to get credit people, don’t miss out on extra chances to win these tasty snacks! This means if you want all 8 possible entries, I’ll see SEVEN COMMENTS from you below. If ya try to cram them all into one comment, you’re only getting 1 entry, don’t sell yourself short! If you’ve already followed us, just let us know in the comment and that’ll count too
- Like us on facebook.com/nourishedandgrounded
- Share our giveaway status on FB
- Sign up for our newsletter (below)
- Follow us on Instagram @nourishedplanet
- Follow us on Twitter @nourishedplanet
- Like Simple Squares on facebook.com/simplesquares
- Follow Simple Squares on Twitter @SimpleSquares
Open to U.S. residents only. Giveaway closes May 30, 2014 at 4pm (CST). Good luck everyone! Giveaway is now closed. Congrats to our winner, James!
**This is a totally unbiased and unsolicited review. I received no request to make this review, no free products and no fee or commission of any kind. See HERE for my policy on advertising.