Food is life. What you eat becomes you, from your digestive system to your brain. You are worth more than Twinkies, sugar water and quick microwave meals. When you eat real food you discover a world of good health and healing that opens up the doors to your very best self. Read on to learn simple, practical tips on how to eat healthy.
The food you eat provides the building blocks for every cell and function your body produces
- Protein is necessary to build and support healthy muscles, organs, bones, and immune function.
- Fat doesn’t make you fat! Health fat is necessary for a huge array of jobs in the body, from production and function of hormones, maintaining a healthy immune system, to brain function and nerve communication. Healthy fats from pastured meat, avocados, coconut, olive oil, fish and cod liver oil, raw nuts and seeds support these functions. Unhealthy fats such as industrial oils (safflower, canola, sunflower, corn, soybean, etc), trans fats, and fat from feedlot meat are a cause of inflammation, increase the body’s toxic load, and damage the body, slowing down all of the important processes fat is responsible for maintaining.
- Whole fruits and veggies are full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that battle against cancer, diabetes, autoimmune disease, and degenerative neurological conditions. Grains, legumes, processed sugars such as high fructose corn syrup and other refined sugars and sweeteners turn on the fat storage hormones in our bodies, weaken the immune system, increase inflammation and invite cancer, diabetes, autoimmune disease and degenerative conditions to take root and grow in our bodies.
How to eat Healthy: What to eat/What to avoid
- Eat meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, fish, avocados, coconut, butter, olive oil, fruits, veggies, raw nuts and seeds.
- Avoid foods that tear down your health, damage your hormonal balance and rob you of nutrients, namely: grains and pseudo-grains, processed foods and refined sugars, industrial oils, dairy, legumes, and alcohol.
Where to get it
Obtain as much of your food as you can from sources where it was grown, raised and fed as naturally as possible. A natural and sustainable practice is better for the animals and produce, and provides better nourishment for you.
How much to eat
Eat as much good food as it takes for you to look, feel and perform your best, with great energy.
It’s not about being perfect, it’s about making positive changes and implementing habits and a way of life that will increase longevity, good health and sustained energy, and decrease disease, exhaustion and unhappiness. My goal is to help provide some knowledge for you to live the very best version of you! This is about a PERSONAL connection with your food. Every body is different, and everyone is at a different point in their journey, so take what works and leave the rest!
There is so much more to explore when it comes to living a nourished and grounded life. Sleep, hydration, stress management, spirituality, play, exercise, recovery, posture, balanced hormones and fertility all play a role. No matter what aspect you are looking to improve upon, it all stems from right here, the basic fuel you give your cells to push, recover, play, make it through the day, and whatever else you’ve got planned. You are what you eat, so make it count!
Another great article full of important info. Keep it up